Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happiness is....

I love to post on my facebook page about the little everday things that make me happy. You know - the things that make you smile and say "how cool is that?". Especially when you stumble upon things unexpected. Unexpected "happy surprises" are really the best, aren't they?

Happiness is when I walk into a local home improvement store to get bird seed (you know, to make the birds happy) and stumble upon a paint sample freebee.


Happiness is.... taking your daughter to Books A Million and stumbling upon 50% of date planners, and not just plain ones, but artsy ones and one tailor made just for me.


Happiness is.... opening your art show reception guest book to find the word "happy" peppered throughout the comments your guests made about your work.


See what I mean? Things that just make you smile.

Here's a piece I created last week. I started working on it during a couple of rainy days here in the South. This is in the early stages.


And below is the finished piece. I love including a positive quote, phrase or lyric in my paintings. This one says:

"It may be raining, but there's a rainbow above you."


 

"Rainbow Above You" is 20" x 20" with 1.5" deep sides painted to match. and has already been claimed by a collector who likes happy art.  That makes me happy.

Thank you for stopping by. I'd love to know you stopped by, so please leave me a comment, and if you are an artist, include your blog link so I can stop by. Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Great post, Melanie! And congrats on selling that piece so quickly. -julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and uplifting post, Melanie! Love the artwork you sold and all the happy moments you shared.

    Hope you're having a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love HAPPY! So nice to hear you find it in some many places.

    ReplyDelete