Wednesday, February 1, 2017
We had a whirlwind new year! We had some guest's come and visit right after New Year all the way from Minnesota, so we decided to take them to New Orleans. It was spring-like the first week in January in the French Quarter.
We strolled the quarter, ate beignets at Cafe Dumond, listened to jazz music, ate more food, and then went to see the Lion King. We even ran into some folks from back home in the lobby!
Since we were there on twelfth night, we HAD to get some king cakes. Well, we actually brought back three (from two different bakeries). What a way to ring in the New Year. The temps dropped drastically during the night, and we woke up to rainy cold weather. On our way home, we ran into sleet and ice. In fact, the airport was shut down and our guests couldn't fly home the next day, so we spent one more afternoon together and took photos of this beautiful frozen fountain.
Our guest were able to experience three of our four seasons on their short trip: spring, winter and Mardi Gras!
If you are visiting this post for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - then welcome! Our theme is "sweet inspiration".
And our sponsor this month is Stampendous! And our guest designer is Guest Designer - Fran Seiford.
The prize for our winner this month is a $25 gift certificate.
Since our theme is "sweet inspiration", I didn't have a problem getting inspired. I have Mardi Gras on the brain. I don't know how I looked at the adorable stamp set I used and thought "Mardi Gras" (it must have been the king cake), but this is what I came up with!
The Stampendous items I used were: Spring Sparkle Embossing Powders, Dreamweaver Stencils Embossing Paste, Whisper Garden Perfectly Clear Stamps, and Thicket Metal Stencil.
I had a blast creating something for this month's theme.
I hope you can play along. Make sure you visit each designer's blog and leave some comment love for them... we LOVE hearing from you all!
Please follow these rules to be eligible for placements and prizes. Entries not following our rules will be deleted.
* You must use our challenge graphic in your challenge post.
* You must comment on at least 3 design team member's blogs.
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog, a YouTube Video or a Pinterest Board
* You can combine with up to 4 other challenges.
* No Backlinking (linking a project completed before the start date of our challenge) allowed! Any back-linked entries will be deleted.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!
You have until 11:55 pm EST on February 28 to enter!