April showers brings May flowers. I can't wait to see all the beautiful flowers in this great state of Louisiana. My next door neighbor has a very young magnolia tree and I noticed yesterday that it has almost 30 new budding magnolia's on it. It's going to be beautiful!
Our May Guest Designer & Sponsor is Ken Oliver! Ken is offering our random winner a set of Caribbean Brights Color Burst and a Best Ever Craft Mat!!
Here's my painting. It's 20" x 20" on canvas. I used some vintage ledger papers (real ledger papers, not manufactured printed paper) from the basement of the Sugar Art Gallery which I co-run. The basement used to be a Wholesale Drug company and those old papers are great for collages. I also used modeling paste, crackle paint, scrapbook papers, stencils, paper doilies and acrylic paint.
"Lace and Paper Flowers"
This piece and several of my new paintings will be at "Blend of the Bayou" in North Monroe, Louisiana this afternoon.
I've been getting new art ready for this event as well as finish up some commissions. Then in the morning I'm going coastal with some old friends. Will post photos when I return as well as some new art. If you are on facebook - follow "Melanie Douthit Art Studio" for more current art photos.
Make sure you visit each designer's blog and leave some comment love for them... we LOVE hearing from you all!
SO - are you going to play in this month's challenge? Here are the rules:
Please follow these rules to be eligible for placements and prizes. Entries not following our rules will be deleted.
* You must use our challenge graphic in your challenge post.
* You must comment on at least 3 design team member's blogs.
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog, a YouTube Video or a Pinterest Board
* You can combine with up to 4 other challenges.
* No Backlinking allowed! Any back-linked entries will be deleted.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!
You have until 11:55 pm EST on May 31st to enter!
Post your project on THIS POST
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!