Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back from New Orleans and Catching Up!!

I had so much fun in New Orleans. I a week after the Art Crawl. I sold all of my smaller New Orleans color sketch paintings, so I had to work like crazy to get some more ready to take to the Rougarou Bayou Trading Post and Art Gallery. My friend Jeannine went with me. We got to the the gallery on time Sunday afternoon and I painted live in the window for a couple of hours. (what was I thinking? I was so tired from getting up early and the 4.5 hour drive!!)



Me with Kerrie Jones at the art gallery. Kerrie and I have been friends for over six years.







Various art in the gallery.

I am offering the Mardi Gras Doxie for the first time in framed prints at the art gallery. Mardi Gras Doxie comes in 5x7 and 4x6. The Rougarou Gallery is located on the 2nd floor of the Riverwalk Mall on Poydras in New Orleans. The gallery is full of unique art, folk art, photography and prints.



I took my newest four foot painting of Pirate's Alley to my collectors apartment on Royal. It's so far one of my favorite paintings. We hung it in the bedroom.



Head on view of the four foot painting.



One of my hometown friends contacted me about a week before my trip to tell me that one if his college buddies was an artist in the French Quarter. Turns out his studio was one block from where we stayed, so we arranged a short meeting. And our small world got even smaller when Jeannine realized she went to the same college and knew this man's brother. Here we are with Robert Guthrie. You can see his awesome watercolor paintings in the background.




We did the usually walking through the quarter, eating creole food, beignets and stopping by Pat O'Brien's for photos by the fountain. My new favorite place to eat is The Marigny Brasserie on Frenchmen Street. If you go there, be sure to get the crawfish quesadilla!





Glad to be back. I have a list of commissions to finish (hurry if you want something before Christmas) and some exciting news that I hope to announce before the end of the year. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to visit my Facebook Fan Page and hit the "Like" button! You can contact me thru that page to inqure about commissions. Be sure to leave a message here or on my fan page so I'll know you stopped by!

No comments:

Post a Comment