Monday, October 4, 2010

Downtown Monroe Art Crawl this week!!

It's finally here - the art crawl in Downtown Monroe is this Thursday - in THREE DAYS!! I'm so excited. I have 23 new paintings that have not been shown online or in public - until now!! I'm going to show a few peeks of the art I will have at the Art Crawl. If you are local, come on out! I'd love to meet you if I don't already know you!

I hung the paintings at Mystic Art Gallery this weekend. Here are a couple of pics of the paintings on the wall.

This is my sign. I couldn't resist the urge to make it like a French Quarter street sign. (grin)



Next, another shot of the sign and hey...what is that? A peek of a new painting? How did that get in there?



One more pics of the art wall and some painting peeks.





The first painting I want to share is the third in my "Alice" series. This is "Alice Paints the Roses", mixed media collage, size 12" x 12". I will have a fourth Alice painting at the Art Crawl. One of my favorite series.





Next is another mixed media collage called "Angels of the French Quarter". It's 8x8 on 1.5" deep gallery wrapped stretched canvas, with gold leafing. I have another one called "Angels of the Super Dome" that I'll share later.



This one is a twist on Van Gogh's Cafe Terrace at Night. I call it "French Quarter Cafe Terrace at Night" (real original, huh?). My first rendition of this was done around 2004-2005 and it's one of my favorite New Orleans scenes.



This is something different for me this year; I call them "Sketches". Splashes of color on the background with black detailed images, similar to pen and ink - but with acrylic paint. Most of these have gallery style wood moulding around them. Stay tuned for more of the New Orleans street scene sketches.



Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget -the Art Crawl is Thursday, October 7, 2010 in Downtown Monroe. My paintings will be at Mystic Art Gallery, 137 Art Alley, Monroe. Hope you can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment