Wednesday, June 1, 2016
Bayou Pelican and Repurposing a Mirror Frame
A few months ago, me and my husband were in a second-hand store in the heart of New Orleans - the French Quarter, and I stumbled upon a vintage mirror frame - without the mirror. We brought it home and had some birch cut for it and I created a painting. It was a hit, so what did we do - found another frame and did it again. :)
So - for my June mixed media challenge - I'm using my latest creation. The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog is having it's two year anniversary, so this month you can pick your favorite challenge. Funky Junkie is the sponsor and they are providing the random winner of the challenge with a $25 gift certificate. How fun is that?
Here are the different challenges we had throughout the year.
I'm using #19, which is "Silver and Gold".
"Bayou Pelican No. 2" by Melanie Douthit
It's approx 16" x 36" on birch using paint, papers, gold leaf, corrugated cardboard. Coated in resin and framed with a repurposed mirror frame (which was also sanded and painted). The beak and the foot has the gold leafing on it.
I hope you can join in the fun at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog.
Please follow these rules to be eligible for placements and prizes. Entries not following our rules will be deleted.
* You must use our challenge graphic in your challenge post.
* You must comment on at least 3 design team member's blogs.
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog, a YouTube Video or a Pinterest Board
* You can combine with up to 4 other challenges.
* No Backlinking allowed! Any back-linked entries will be deleted.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!
You have until the last day of June to enter.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.