Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Mixed Media Sunflowers

Can you believe it's the first day of March and we are experience temperature's in the 80's in Northeast Louisiana! Two years ago we had snow. Talk about Mardi Gras Madness!!



If you are here for the March Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog, this month is one of my favorite's - buttons! My mom still has a tin filled with buttons that I used to play with as a child. I would sort them and line them up for hours.  Our sponsor and guest designer this month is May Flaum. Play along and one winner winner will receive a goodie box filled with an assortment of 28 Lilac Lane embellishment mixe as well as a spot in May’s next online class focusing on embellishments! How fun is that?

Here's my creation with buttons.



I used patterned scrapbook papers on birch wood, acrylic paint, and buttons!


Be sure to check out all the creations from the Design Team and enter your project at the March Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and play along.

Please follow these rules to be eligible for placements and prizes. Entries not following our rules will be deleted.

* You must use our challenge graphic in your challenge post.
* You must comment on at least 3 design team member's blogs. 
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog, a YouTube Video or a Pinterest Board
* You can combine with up to 4 other challenges. 
* No Backlinking (linking a project completed before the start date of our challenge) allowed! Any back-linked entries will be deleted.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

14 comments:

  1. This is just stunning! Love the different patterns of paper and the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wpw! Let me pick up my chin off the desk. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully uplifting piece of art Melanie. It warms my soul. Love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Live the bold bright colors in your creation, divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your collage and how clever a way to incorporate those buttons! Love this bold design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love everything about this! Gives me an idea how to getrid of some scrapbook paper that I really don;t like anymore and turn it into something wonderful! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and funky is this?! Your use of color and patterns is truly masterful! Gorgeous work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing. I'd love to have it on my wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to walk through this garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this creative project! The colors just make me HAPPY! Thanks for sharing your design. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Real spring meadow!:-) I like it very much:-) Wiola

    ReplyDelete