Monday, June 30, 2014

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge for July

I am so excited that the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog is already starting the second challenge! This months challenge is sooo easy! The theme is "Around The House", which means that you are challenged to find and use things... Anything... From around your house. These things can be repurposing items, stamping with kitchen gadgets, or raiding your hubby's toolshed.The design team at The MMMC blog has some great ideas. Here is my project for the month.





I used a wood block as my surface. These are great finds in the trash piles of new home construction sites. My other "house" item was masking tape. I used them to make the coconuts, and stenciled the texture on them with drywall tape...my last house item. I also used some items from our generous sponsor, "Die Cuts With A View". DCWV has new items that include amazing textured papers like corrugate, burlap, canvas, even chalkboard and white board stacks! I used one of their textured burlap pieces to make my tree truck, and another textured design for my beach.  DCWV also has a wonderful selection of stencils, great for mixed media artists. They have supplied this unbelievable prize package for TWO random lucky winners! Package includes 1 12x12 paper pad, 4 textured 6x6 paper pads, and 12 stencils!



To enter the challenge, upload your project to this page by July 31! We can't wait to see all the fabulous entries and creative uses for things "around the house".

Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome summer canvas Melanie! I really like the fun polka dot flip flops and that sentiment is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun canvas! Love all the texture and, of course, the flip flops!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your sunny summery woodblock! what a great scene

    ReplyDelete