Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday Morn


I look forward to my mixed media art classes on Mondays. We have two more classes and so I am having the ladies create a mixed media "girl". I asked them to think of a quote or something personal to them to put on their girl, which could be representative of themselves if they wanted. It's going to be inspiring to see this process.

Last week I created another mixed media angel. His time I used the card with the initial "w" which I wanted to stand for "wings". 


I wanted to find just the right quote for her to tie in dreams (the moon) and wings.





She is big... The board is 20" long. I used alphabet stamps and rub ons for the quotes. I put her with my other mixed media pieces at one of the galleries at the art crawl and one of my collectors took her home. 

The art gallery crawl was wonderful. We had so much activity on both sides of the river. Here are a few photos.


Some of my paintings at the Ouachita River Art Gallery, Wesr Monroe.


My roommate from long ago came out.


And I had a surprise visit from my cousin.


One of my students was showing her beautiful work a few doors down so I stopped by to take a peek. She worked on the tea cup piece during class and it is gorgeous.

I have a super busy week. I am working on two very special commission pieces. One of them has a critical deadline. What an honor to be a part of something so special. More on that later.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a happy Monday!






1 comment:

  1. I wish I could take your classes! She is adorable - I just love her dress!

    ReplyDelete