Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Teaching Others how to Let Go in Art


I have enjoyed teaching my ladies mixed media art class. The title of the class was "Let It Go" and all about being free to create, make mistakes, learn and just "go with it". For the last couple of classes, I wanted them to do a "girl". Something personal, something with a quote that would mean something to them or someone close. For my demo, I did a paper background.


I drew several girls and made copies so they wouldn't be stressed about "drawing" one. This is one of the queens I made and started building paint layers.


She still isn't finishes, but she is getting there. I have yet to add the words.


Then I took a few photos last night of what my ladies were making.










I'm so proud of how they have expressed themselves and their creativity. We have one more class next week. I'm going to miss seeing these beautiful ladies every week.

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment