Monday, July 7, 2014

Springtime in Paris Mixed Media

I had so much fun working on this piece. I have had Paris on my mind since this spring, so when I started my "Let It Go" mixed media class, I made a collage background using papers that made me think of springtime in Paris.

The Paris inspired piece is the larger one with the "lady" image.



I painted my design on it, and started painting on the background for my students.



 It was going so great. Then I left it behind while I went on to other projects and paintings. But, alas, Paris is still in my heart! I picked it up last weekend and, at least in my mind, I was there - in Paris.



I shared an in-progress piece on my facebook page and within the hour (it seemed) I had someone wanting it. I shipped it to California a few days later. It always makes me so happy when a painting speaks to someone and it finds it's way "home". It's even a bigger honor when your art is in an avid art collectors home, hanging in the collection of noteworthy French artists! I wish I could tour that home!

Thanks to my readers, those that follow my facebook page, and better yet - my collectors. Life is good today...As I write this blog, I'm enjoying some of the bluest waters and sugar-white sands in our great nation - the Gulf Coast, half way between Panama City Beach and Destin,



I'm soaking the sun, breathing salt-water air, and enjoying the great company of merry hearts.  I'm posting photos on my facebook AND on my Instagram. Follow my Instagram Here.

And mixed media artists - don't forget to take part in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog this month. We have TWO prizes to randomly give out from DieCutsWithAView - our July sponsor. Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!!

2 comments: