Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Queens and Calico Cats

This has been a busy week. I'm teaching a basic "art 101" class focusing on drawing, shading/values, and using charcoal and pen and ink. I haven't used charcoal in several years, and stayed up late one night this week to create this demo.

I forgot how much fun it was to use. Watching my student work with it made me want to do some pieces with it.
Meanwhile - back in the art studio....I have been having fun with my "queen" series of paintings. My current one is a bit different - I covered the entire canvas with mixed pieces of patterned paper - then worked on top of it. It made a lot of texture (especially in her face) but it turned out really cool. It already has a new home with a kitty that looks just like this one, named "Lottie".

 
 
And I have one more bit of news. I'm now offering my art prints on Fine Art America. You can order various sizes, and even get art on canvas. I'm slowly adding pieces to it. Just go to Melanie Douthit Fine Art America.
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment