I love using mixed media in my art. There's just something fun about the unexpected outcome. Lately, I have been using old frames for my art as well. Upcycling!! Making something old - new again.
If you are here for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge for June - then you are at the right place.
Our sponsor for June is Donna Downey Studio with a $50 gift certificate to their store which is good towards their classes also.
The theme this month is - A Year of Challenges. Meaning anything from the previous challenges!
My superpower is collage and paint. lol!
Here's my project.
I used patterned paper on wood for the background / collage. Then I painted the lines for the flowers with black paint. I painted the background with white paint. Then I used aqua on the bottom and misted it with water and let it trip towards the top (of course I turned it upside down). It's really quite simple to do. The collage papers make the image so interesting. The frame is something we found at a thrift store. I repainted it to make it "new" again.
Want to play along and have a chance at winning?
Make sure you visit each designer's blog and leave some comment love for them... we LOVE hearing from you all!
Please follow these rules to be eligible for placements and prizes. Entries not following our rules will be deleted.
* You must use our challenge graphic in your challenge post.
* You must comment on at least 3 design team member's blogs.
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog, a YouTube Video or a Pinterest Board
* You can combine with up to 4 other challenges.
* No Backlinking (linking a project completed before the start date of our challenge) allowed! Any back-linked entries will be deleted.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!
You have until 11:55 pm EST on June 30th to enter!