Summer is never over for me, at least in my heart. I'm winding down as school starts up by making this coastal themed wall canvas.
The theme for September's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog is "Rustic".
Our sponsor this month is Canvas Corp. Since my scrapbooking days, I have loved Canvas Corp's products. (Tattered Angels, 7Gypsies, etc).
In addition to scrapbook products, they have canvases, totes, fabrics, etc! They send me a generous supply of products that are just up my alley. One of them was a 12" x 24" burlap covered canvas and some heavy weight paper that looked like worn wood. I used some of the coastal themed patterned papers, glimmer mists and paints and created this fun coastal themed wall canvas.
I loved using the glimmer mist products. I "dyed" the "paradise" tag turquoise with it so it would coordinate with my color scheme. I even used it to "paint" the sides of the canvas. So much fun. I went through my stash of "summer 2016 seashells" and found some with natural holes in them and strung them up and attached them to my canvas twine. I glued another shell on one of the tags. So many endless possibilities!!
Want to play along and have a shot at winning a prize? Please follow these rules to be eligible for placements and prizes. Entries not following our rules will be deleted.
* You must use our challenge graphic in your challenge post.
* You must comment on at least 3 design team member's blogs.
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog, a YouTube Video or a Pinterest Board
* You can combine with up to 4 other challenges.
* No Backlinking allowed! Any back-linked entries will be deleted.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!
You have until 11:55 pm EST on September 30th to enter!