The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog has already started having October fun. We had a wonderful prize sponsor this month - Grumbacher , a top name in art supplies. They sent us some goodies to use on our projects.
Our inspiration this month was this fun word puzzle. Any word you can find in this puzzle is game! Grumbacher sent us acrylic paints, acrylic inks, and woodless colored pencils.
This is the prize package we will award the winner of this month's challenge
I chose the word "Moon" for my challenge, and I am obviously in a beach / coastal state of mind.
I covered my wood block with collage papers and let it dry, then dripped water and alcohol ink to get the watery effect. I used acrylic paints on the moon paper as well as the water. There is sooo many possibilities with this. Since I usually coat my projects with an acrylic water based sealer, I knew that the colored pencils would possibly run, but they are wonderful and feel great on paper. If you are using them for an art journal - they will be fabulous.
In order to play along, please follow these rules to be eligible for placements and prizes. Entries without our Challenge Graphic or Link Back to us will be deleted.
* You must use our challenge graphic in your challenge post.
* You must comment on at least 3 design team member's blogs.
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct post, not your entire blog, a YouTube Video or a Pinterest Board
* You can combine with up to 4 other challenges.
* No Backlinking allowed! Any back-linked entries will be deleted.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!
You have until October 31, 11:59pm EST to enter! at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful month!