Thursday, July 7, 2011

Best Artist in the Delta - FINALIST!!

I've so badly neglected my blog in the past month or so. I have some exciting things going on.

First of all, I'm a finalist for Best Artist in our regional "Best of the Delta" voting. There are just a few days to vote. If you would like to vote, the link is:
Best of the Delta

My category is on page 6 or 7 (when the completion bar is at 89%). You do NOT have to vote in each category. There is a slide bar on the right of the voting page that you can move down until you see the "next" button.
(thank you)

My daughter and I entered some art in the Louisiana Peach Festival last month. We both received an honorable mention on one of our paintings. Hers was an elephant. Mine was the "Intellectuals" fish painting. It's one of my favorites. For now its on my mantle.

My most exciting news is that I was invited to participate in a three person art show in Ruston, Louisiana at an upscale restaurant, 102A Bistro. I'm working on pieces for that show this week and next. I can't wait to share all my new work.

Thanks for stopping by and please don't forget to vote for me for Best Artist. I'm thrilled to be a finalist1

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Melanie!! My finger are crossed for you. I've added this to the EBSQ Friday Five!

    ReplyDelete