Monday, October 10, 2011

I Believe In Pink

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. ~Audrey Hepburn~


"Words to Live By" 20" x 20" by Melanie Douthit (Honorable Mention)

The Franklin Medical Center in Winnsboro, Louisiana is holding a silent auction to benefit Breast Cancer Awareness this week, Thursday, October 13. I created the above painting and the one below for the art competition. These paintings along with 8 others will be auctioned. If you would like to bid, they will take your bid via mail, website or phone. Call (318) 412-5265, Charlotte Boone. The website is www.fmc-cares.com. They are also on facebook. Bidding starts at $50.


"Pink: It's an Attitude" 22" x 28" by Melanie Douthit

Reposting from their facebook page: The winner and honorable mention will be used in a marketing and educational campaign to promote Breast Cancer Awareness.Funded with a grant from Northeast Central Louisiana Susan G Komen for The Cure we have begun a campaign at Franklin Medical Center to bring mammograms to more women in our communities. All of the art submitted and donated will be auctioned at the Gala on October 13th. Proceeds from the auction will placed in the "FMC Breast Cancer Awareness Fund." to provide mammograms to underinsured or uninsured women in our communities. We hope to see this fund continue to grow through generous donations from community members and future grants.

We provide digital mammography services right here in your community. Please schedule your mammogram today.


It was 2 years ago this month my my husband lost his cousin to Breast Cancer. We all know someone who has been touched by this disease. Please spread the word to your friends to get regular check ups.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments: