Friday, February 10, 2012

It's Mardi Gras Season

It's Mardi Gras time in Louisiana! Our local Mardi Gras parade is tomorrow. I have friends that will bring their camper downtown sometime today, park it and have a spread of food there tomorrow. Mid afternoon is a Mardi Paws pet parade (can you say "aawwee") - with the parade later in the evening. It's a fun time for family and friends, and very different from what you will see in New Orleans. It's the "G" rated version of Mardi Gras. :)

Last week I created this painting for a silent auction fundraiser at a local Mardi Gras ball.

"Let the Good Times Roll!" (Laissez les bons temps rouler.)
Size: 20" x 20"

I'm planning something fun next week for Mardi Gras. I've always wanted to host a Murder Mystery Dinner, so I'm organizing a "Murder at the Mardi Gras" mystery dinner. We are all excited about this fun evening. Everyone has been assigned a character with a description about them. I'll post about it afterwards.

Next week the Creativity Tribe is having a blog hop. Be sure to check back. I'll have links posted to the main sight so you can follow all the participants. Our theme is "Love".



Happy Friday, Everyone and Laissez les bons temps rouler.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment