Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dachshund Central is hopping!

On the eve of Hurricane Isaac's visit to Louisiana, I've been busy getting yet more Mardi Gras Dachshund paintings finished and packed and mailed. I've been glued to the studio table with the the weather station on, tracking the path of the tropical storm/hurricane. What a day.

This is the progress I made around noon today.
'
I'm happy to report that THIS jazz dog is finally finished and tomorrow will be leaving the path of Isaac and heading to THE big city - New York, New York! She will have her new home at her new address on Broadway. Her new owner also owns property in Louisiana. I just LOVE the connections made around the country via this little dog.

This weekend I completed a tan one (Ssshhh... it's a surprise for a wedding gift!!)

A new collector contacted me this week to order one. She found the Mardi Gras Dachshund in a Mimi's Cafe Restaurant in Colorado. If you spot the Mardi Gras Dachshund, snap a photo of it with you (or your friend) standing next to it. I'd love to share the photo with my readers!

If you are local to Northeast Louisiana, please feel free to attend the opening reception of "True Colors", my art show at the Crescent City Coffee House in Ruston, Louisiana on Sunday, September 9 from 2-4:00pm. You can see a sneak peek of images at the NCLAC's Blog.

You can also see more info at the Ruston Chamber of Commerce.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!.

No comments:

Post a Comment