Monday, June 27, 2016

The Beaches of Summer

Summer is here, but for me - summer was here way back in the spring. It started off in early May with a few of my girlfriend's from high school. We rented a beautiful condo on Seacreast Beach just west of Panama City on the beautiful 30A scenic highway. We spent most of our days talking and laughing on the beach that was almost empty except for a few people. I took my morning walks completely alone on the beautiful sandy beach. Here are my foot prints. 


One set coming and one set going. I never met anyone while I was walking. Just a few sandpipers who I enjoyed annoying by following them.



Crystal blue waters that on some days didn't even have a wave. I picked up large seashells just by looking down and seeing them in the shallow water. 


We didn't get out and explore the beautiful community like I would love to do, but I did go to Grayton Beach area to visit Andy Saczynski's art studio. I bought this beautiful print. He's such a nice guy. Drop in and see his beautiful art if you are in the area.


Evenings were cool but beautiful. And yes, we saw dolphins.

These photos were taken from our balcony with my telephoto lense. So magical to see them.


Then a month later I went to Orange Beach in Alabama as the photographer for a ladies retreat. I got up around 5:30 every morning to see this beautiful sunrise.


Sunrise on Orange Beach


I had the most wonderful mornings on Orange Beach. I found a sanddollar, starfish and an embarrassing amount of seashells. I have never in all my beach combing days have seen so many shells in one place. I had the ladies so excited they all came out the last morning to collect shells. 




Another stage of the beautiful sunrise. 


Just example of the shells laying on the beach and if you look in the background, you can see the clusters of shells along the shore. Amazing.





I had three very wonderful ladies agree to be models for me one evening at sunset. I had to let my creative juices flow and I think people on the beach thought they were models - well, they were. It was so much fun.


I'm already looking forward to going back to the beach. I love summer.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment