Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My First Mixed Media Art - In Print!

I'm so excited to be able to share that my first mixed media art project has been published! It's a pair of Halloween Witch (cute - not scary!) wall hangings.



They are in the October 2011 issue of Craft n Things on page 70.




They are both 8" x 8" on gallery wrapped stretched canvas.



I used a variety of things from my scrapbook stash. Complete instructions for both are in the October issue.



They were so much fun to make. I'm thinking about putting them up for sale in my Etsy store soon - that is if I don't sell them locally. I'll post a link here if I list them (which will be soon). Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Congratulations on being published!
    That is so inspiring!!

    So glad I found you through the "All Kinds of Artists" Artist Blog Hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Hi! from Flying Lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh. well, lookie there!!! You are pretty darn awesome, Mel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney - it all goes back to having talented people rub off on you. ;) xoxox (thank you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute. Congrats on getting published.

    ReplyDelete