Wednesday, September 21, 2011

All About the Taylor Swift Speak Now Concert!

I saw the most amazing concert last night. I took my daughter along with a friend to Taylor Swift’s “Speak Now” concert. Charlie Worsham and Need to Breathe opened the show and they were awesome. But nothing compares to the show Taylor puts on. She oozes with creativity and I just breathed in as much as I could.



She (or her creative geniuses) put so much “Taylorship” into the set, the stage design, the bells (literally - bells) and whistles (figuratively) that make me - for lack of better words - go WOW! Pyrotechnics, acrobats, ballerinas, talented musicians of all forms, dancers and hair-whipping energy! I loved it all.

The red semi-circle curtain rose as the music started to play. I can’t even remember what song was the first. But there were 12 thousand cheering fans in this sold-out event.




I loved the elaborate stairs with the “s” scrollwork on the staircase, church pews and bridal party at the opening of “Speak Now” with the bride “yelling at a bridesmaid, somewhere back inside a room, wearing a gown shaped like a pastry” (Don’t you just LOVE the colorful lyrics? )




My favorite for this summer is “Mean”. (don’t we all know someone who is just plain old mean?) I especially love how she didn’t sugar coat the point she was making in when she chants…
“…All you are is mean, And a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life
And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean…
” (take that, whoever you are that she wrote this song about).



And there was “Back to December”. Before the song started, snow-like white confetti started flowing down. She came from a trap door below with the white piano. As she did when she first sang this song live on TV, she interjected the lyrics “too late to apologize” towards the end.

The finale - OH MY STARS. She came back in a gold sparkly gown seated on a romantic sofa and sang “Fifteen”. Then the beginning of “Love Story” started and the balcony-like basket that was suspended near the ceiling (that my daughter saw when we were first seated), came down to the stage. And yes, she got inside and was lifted... up, up, up and around one side of the arena, towards the back, and back around the other side. She sang and waved as girls ran towards the railing to get a closer look. As she was lowered back down to the stage, confetti was showering her and the stage. Even tho there were a couple of songs I was hoping she would sing, I looked at my friend and said “That’s it. You can’t follow this with anything else”.



Thanks for enduring my off-the-beaten path blog post today! Have a great week and I hope you are creatively inspired by something new and exciting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment