Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After Christmas

I have a term for the days following Christmas - I call it "Christmas afterglow". It's the time when the hustle and bustle comes to an end and when we smile and reflect on our blessings. We had a water pipe burst the morning of the "day after Christmas" last year, so we missed out on that special time. In return, my living room has been completely redecorated from floors on up, so this was our first Christmas in a "new" living room.

We added one last piece for the year to our living room. When I saw the grape carvings in the woodwork, I was instantly in love.



As you can tell from my lack of blogging that it has been an unusually busy month. I worked on commissions right up until December 23, and had to turn down a few. I'm already booked into mid January, so please, if you know you want something, even a few months from now, contact me right away.

I look forward to bringing in the New Year with some close friends and getting ready for an art reception. I have some new art pieces that I can't wait to share.


This is one of my favorite pics of the season - my kids on Christmas Eve. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Our family is truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment