Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Time for a new Calendar!



Wow - what a year! It was a couple of days after Christmas when I realized that I forgot to get a 2012 calendar. I went out to the mall to where for eons we had a calendar vendor set up every year, but they weren't there! Found a funky one at Hobby Lobby.

We celebrated the new year at our home with family and friends. I was digging up New Year traditions and found out that it has often been thought that the first visitors you see after ringing in the New Year would bring you good or bad luck, depending on who you keep as friends and enemies. That's why most people celebrating on New Year's Eve often do so with friends and family.. What a blessing it was to have spent this time in such good company. We spent the evening doing fireworks with the kids, eating too much, playing some games and just enjoying each others' company.

I'm still running pretty much full-blast here. In just a few days I'm having a little reception at the cooperative artists' gallery that I belong to. I'm the featured artist for January. There is no better way to start the year with another party, right?

This is the piece of art I used on the cover of my invitations. The theme I chose for my art pieces is "Secret Garden".



If you are local and would like to attend, the event will be held at the Ouachita River Art Gallery, 308 Trenton Street, West Monroe, Louisiana on Saturday, January 7, 2012 from 2-4pm.

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment