Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Art of a Daydream Believer

I was saddened to hear the news about the passing of my childhood star crush, Davy Jones. I have had "Daydream Believer" playing in my head since last week. As I've stated before, I'm very artistically inspired by music, and I already have several versions of this particular song swirling in my head. I completed one this week.


"Daydream Believer No 1" 20" x 20"

This painting was created for a silent auction raising funds for the Masur Museum of Art in Monroe, Louisiana next week. I'm so looking forward to this event.

The studio has been a creative hub for the past few weeks. I'm still frantically trying to get orders done as well as some personal projects I'm working on. Here's a peek at some in-progress work.


Here's a fun photo I took of one of the collectors of my "Bon Appetit Y'all" signs. I purposely had her stand in front of her camaro so I could show hubby that people that drive cool cars collect my art.


Lots to do today and some deliveries to make tomorrow as well as a supply run. We are expected to get 5-6 inches of rain in the next few days. (I thought it was April that had all the showers). Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!


1 comment: