Monday, April 1, 2013

Steampunk Inspired Shadow Box

I'm gearing up for this week's Downtown Gallery Crawl. I will have some New Orleans art as well as mixed media work at the River Gallery on Trenton Street in West Monroe as well as some Steampunk influenced art at the Downstairs Gallery on Art Alley in Monroe. What a night this will be!!

Here is one of the items I created for the Steampunk show. It's a Tim Holtz shadow box using a variety of items including Tim Holtz metal plates and a few items from Scarlet Lime's mixed media kit. I love creating using paper craft products.

I added things I've had for years in my stash including brads, photo corners, chipboard letters as well as some gears and even an old jingle bell. The legs on the piece are tiny candle holders from the craft section of our hobby store.

I still have to work on adding some steampunk elements to my skirt. Yes - we are dressing up in full costume (I'm scared!). LOL.

Thanks for stopping by. I just might post some after-opening photos - so check back.


No comments:

Post a Comment