Sunday, March 1, 2015

March with Mixed Media Monthly Challenge

The design team has been busy creating some fun products for the March Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. We have been so thrilled with the number of folks creating and participating in these each month.

Our theme for March is "Birds of a Feather".


Create something that reminds you of birds - birds, feathers, wings, quotes, nests, eggs.... be creative! Let us know how birds inspired your project.


Here's my project for this month.

I collaged patterned papers on a 9x12 stretched canvas. I then used acrylic paint draw the design and add color to the images.

Our sponsor this month is Faber Castell Design Memory Craft. They are offering Gelato prize packs to 2 lucky winners!


One winner will win Mixed Media with Gelatos kit

Another winner will win the Card Making With Gelatos kit.

To enter this challenge, link your project to the space provided on the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog.  Be sure to visit all the designer's pages for tips and info on their creations.

Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I love all the pretty, bold colors. Makes me long for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty. loved the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful canvas, love all the lovely colours and your little bird is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your imagery and colors are so much fun to look at. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you use a paint brush to just "draw' the images free hand? This is one of the most eye catching design projects. the colors feel soft and the design is whimsical. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana! You are so sweet. I actually planned my design on paper first, then lightly pencil drew the lines onto the collage papers, then painted the lines. This was actually my take of a lesson on Tamara Laporte's Lifebook 2015. So many ideas that you can do your own take on just for fun.

      Delete