Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mardi Gras Dachshund Art Love

My hubby and I spend a three day weekend in New Orleans for our 25th wedding anniversary (yes, I said 25th!!). I remember when my parents reached this milestone thinking - wow - that's a long time. LOL. Now that it's our turn, we realize that it isn't really that long at all. We found a sweet place on Esplanade with a balcony that was just perfect.

We spent most of our evenings on Frenchmen Street dining and listening to Jazz music. It was a nice alternative to the touristy crowded places in the French Quarter. Enjoyed it so much, we are already talking about our next trip. I would love to take our bicycles and ride everywhere. Maybe we will.

While I was gone, I had a few collectors send me some pics of when they received their Mardi Gras Dachshund art. How fun!


I recently had some people contact me through my blog asking how to order a custom Mardi Gras Dachshund painting like they have seen in Mimi's Cafe's. I did the first paintings for Mimi's Cafe 10 years ago and have been pleasantly surprised to date that people still see the paintings and look for how to get one. I usually have a custom painting listed in my Etsy Store here, but when I'm filling several orders, I may not have one up. Feel free to email me at the contact info page on my Website and let me know you want one if you don't see a listing.


As much as we loved our trip, it was so good to be back in my own bed. It's really true, there's no place like home.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment