Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Newest Painting of the Year

The calendar "has" holidays, but it actually never takes a holiday. LOL. This is how I feel because the year has already started full-speed. My son and I are participating in a themed group art show this week called "El Corazon" (the heart) at the Downstairs Gallery in Monroe.  In addition to this, my daughter (a fifth grader) is showing some of her art across the street at Becton Gallery. All this coincides with the Downtown Gallery Crawl in Monroe and West Monroe - a bi-monthly event. I tried to get my husband to participate, but he still isn't interested in making art. (smile)

The first piece I created for the "heart" show was a still life with a dove and a string of hearts. I put it on my facebook page and sold it within a few days - so.... I created another piece that I will wait until after the show opens to post.

"Hearts and Flowers" 20" x 20" (SOLD)
Mixed Media by Melanie Douthit
 
 
If you are in Northeast Louisiana, come out this Thursday, Feb 7 to the gallery crawl. My work is always in the River Gallery, 308 Trenton Street, West Monroe and has regular business hours, but will be open till 9pm for the art crawl. There are 9 galleries total so it makes for a fun night. We are having beautiful weather this week, which is great for February!
 
If you want to stay up to date on my current facebook page postings, don't forget to "Like" my page. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week.



No comments:

Post a Comment