Monday, May 19, 2014

Textiles in Mixed Media


Today is MONDAY and my mixed media art workshop is tonight! I have a dozen eager and talented ladies that have come with willing hearts and great creativity. I was looking at a mixed media blog over the weekend and wanted to post it here for inspiration. The name of the blog is

Mixed Media May

and for every day in May for the past few years, they have a guest mixed media artist and an interview.

I was guest artist a couple of years ago on this blog. To get directly to my interview, click

Melanie Douthit Mixed Media May Interview

So.......... for tonight's class I am demonstrating my technique for painting on a collaged paper background. I will take a prepared background and go from there. FUN and SCARY because my students get to see any woops that can happen, which, frankly, is a plus because we all need to know that creating is a process with an unexpected end result and bumps and woopsies come along the way, so you learn to improvise!

and I can NOT stress enough to everyone to follow this blog NOW! This new mixed media blog will have prizes! but you need to follow and comment on the blog, and also on Facebook!!! Who doesn't like inspiration AND the possibility of GOODIES to create with? Go to

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge

This is what I am working on right now. It's not technically mixed media, but I did do something new on it.


I created this background which I loved and is almost a finished painting in itself, but in the spirit of pushing to the limits, I took my Pitt Big Brush white pen and....

Again... Taking it to the limits.... As of right now it in in the process of being a landscape. Check back! And if you want more peeks.... Follow me on Instagram!



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment