Friday, May 2, 2014

Live in the Moment Mixed Media

Yeah- it's Friday! Lots to do today to get details finished on my Mixed Media workshop which starts in three days! If you are taking my class, don't forget to jot down ideas or questions to ask in class. The first day will be a bit fast paced because I have sooo much I want to teach you, yet still allow time to play... I mean create!

Here is a piece I worked on here and there between other projects. The background is various patterned papers. I added some border stickers (cut in half down the center) and drew off my design with black paint. It was several days before I could get back to it, but I had to decide if I wanted to leave the flowers in touched or not. 



After painting the background, I decided color! I purposely didn't paint the entire background because I wanted the music paper to show. I added paint with stencils, and stamps with. Lack ink. I went back over the black lines with Scribbles paint. Then I added washi tape, word stickers and punched butterflies.


I have lots to do today! My daughter's local theater production opens tomorrow, and Sunday I will be at the annual Blend of the Bayou event as one of the Bayou Artists. Looks like beautiful weather, too! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment