Thursday, January 26, 2012

Routines and Calendars

I know many people won't agree with this, but I actually love January! It's the end of the holiday hustle and bustle and a time to start organizing and getting back to "normal" (whatever that is). I've already filled up my new datebook through March, but I like planning ahead. It makes it so much easier when something pops up unexpectedly. If it doesn't fit in the calendar - I politely decline. It feels much better than over extending myself.  It also helps so much with commissions. I can pencil in my non-commissions pieces around my schedule. It helps keep me on track from week to week.


If you are an artist, what do you do to help organize your studio time?

And for those of you that are enduring bitter cold winter storms, remember, it soon will pass. Here's a quote that I just love.

 Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. - Helen Keller.

 I just finished up one large commission and have another one to start right away. I'm loving that we have an unusually warm January here in the South. I have natural light in my studio and these bright sunny days make it such a cheerful atmosphere to work.

Here is a piece I finished last month. It has already found a home with a collector.


 "Quite Contrary", 20" x 20" (in private collection).


We are getting ready for Mardi Gras here in the South. Just for fun, I'm in the middle of planning a fun Mardi Gras themed dinner party. Sssshhh.. Can't give away details just yet.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment